How Using Chiropractic And Massage Therapy Together Can Benefit You
Most people know the benefits of chiropractic care, as well as the relaxing effects of massage therapy. Did you know that getting both regular massages and routine chiropractic adjustments can enhance your overall wellness?
Many Chiropractors know how well their treatments work together and use them in tandem regularly.
Chiropractic medicine is based on the idea that your body can help to keep itself healthy if your spine, neck, and head are aligned properly and free from abnormalities that impair the proper flow of energy along your spinal column. The treatment itself is a highly-controlled procedure that uses minimal force and gentle pressure. Patients typically feel relief immediately after an adjustment.
Massage therapy. Focuses on the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. Modalities can also be used such as aromatherapy, hot stones, and reflexology to name a few.
How Chiropractic And Massage Therapy Work Together
- Massage Extends The Benefit Of Chiropractic Adjustment. Since there is a decrease in muscle tension, there an increase in flexibility and longer sustained benefits from the adjustment.
- Prepares The Muscles And Attachments. Since massage therapy focuses on manipulating the soft tissues like muscles, tendons, and ligaments by improving circulation and blood flow that warms these soft tissues, causing them to loosen and relax. When your muscles are warm, you’re going to have more elasticity and function. Massage prior to a chiropractic adjustment prevents the likelihood of spasm post-adjustment because of elongation of the muscles that attach to the spine noted after a message.
- Positive Influence On Circulatory System. The circulation of the blood, lymph, and interstitial fluids are critical to the natural homeostasis throughout the body, as well as its ability to heal and regenerate. Improvement in circulation has a plethora of benefits involving all body systems.
- General Sense Of Wellness. Massage Therapy helps the body relax, decreases stress and reduces anxiety. Chiropractic treatment is aided when the body is relaxed and the patient is calm. Massage therapy and chiropractic together can help to cleanse the body of impurities by breaking down built up toxins, which often has a calming effect on anxious and excessively stressed patients.
- Recovery From Pain. Recovery, especially from conditions that cause pain, can be faster and more complete when multiple components of that pain are addressed simultaneously. Spinal alignment is key for diminishing back pain. The chiropractor will work to resolve the structural problems and the massage therapist working to resolve the soft tissue problems. Working together to get you back to a state of health, well-being, and pain-free as quickly as possible.
The chiropractor works to relieve the structural problems and the massage therapist works to resolve the soft tissue problems. Most chiropractors who work hand-in-hand with massage therapists collaborate to find the most effective treatment regimen for each patient.
The long-term solution is a commitment to overall wellness. Chiropractic and massage therapy both offer considerable benefits individually, they are better together.