The holidays are quickly approaching and unfortunately, it can be a very stressful time for many people. While there is much to be grateful for, it is also easy to get sidetracked with the hustle and bustle that the holidays bring and forget to take care of your own health.
Putting others first on occasion can be beneficial, but when it is constant, the toll on your body can be vast. However, there are some easy ways to stay healthy during the holiday season.
5 Reasons To See Your Chiropractor This Holiday Season
- Stress. Everyone knows the holidays can be stressful and has a different reason for feeling that way. Dealing with family members, mediating family issues, financial stress, planning holiday meals or travel expenses and frustrations all can be culprits. Perhaps it is the first holiday after losing a loved one. Unfortunately, your body deals with this stress by tensing up, headaches, neck pain, low back pain, jaw pain, stomach aches, etc. Chiropractic is powerful and is essential to dealing with the negative effects of stress on the body. A chiropractic adjustment can relieve you of discomfort and have you back to your holiday plans in no time!
- Travel. The holidays are a very busy time to travel, providing the perfect circumstances for your body to feel the change in routine. Long hours traveling in a car, tension from weather conditions, long lines at the airports, sleeping in a different bed and carrying heavy bags are just some of the reasons your body may be hurting. Seeking chiropractic care before and after holiday travel will go a long way to assist you in feeling better this season.
- Seasonal Sadness And Depression. With the hours of sunlight much shorter, it is common for vitamin D levels to decrease during this time of year. Coupled with the stress of the holidays, it is easy to see why so many people get depressed in the winter. Chiropractic Care has a positive impact on the nervous system. Chiropractic Care helps us stay in balance, keeps all of our systems functioning properly and free from pain, and can be enough of a boost for many to prevent depression.
- Changes In Digestion. During the holiday season, we often tend to change our eating habits. We eat more, it’s not as fresh, we consume fewer fruits and vegetables, our meals contain more starches & sugars, and less fiber. This can affect our digestion in many ways, causing us to feel constipated, bloated, gassy, or have heartburn. Chiropractic has an impact on our digestion as it affects the nervous system, and this controls the nerves that go to our stomach and intestines. If this communication is disrupted it can cause our digestion can slow down. Chiropractic adjustments can get your bowels running smoothly again and help keep you regular throughout the winter.
- Cold And Flu Season. Not only is the holiday season unusually busy, but it is also the season for the sniffles and chills. Being indoors for longer periods of time, having decreased vitamin D levels, enduring more stress than usual, and struggling with weaker immune systems can all impact our health. Getting Chiropractic adjustments regularly can balance the nervous system, boost the immune system, promote lymph drainage, and helps eliminate and excrete toxins that can make us unhealthy.
Chiropractic Care is NOT just for pain, it helps to keep your body moving and functioning well, and most importantly it boosts your immune system naturally by making sure all the systems in your body are communicating and functioning properly. Enjoy this holiday season knowing you now have the simple tools to stay healthy!